Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pro Basketball - MJ Turns 50

I'm going to keep this short and sweet ... I don't like Michael Jordan. I've never met the guy, probably never will, and for all I know he's the greatest dude ever to walk the planet. But I grew up a Knicks fan, and even more a Patrick Ewing fan. And, thanks to MJ, Patrick never won an NBA Championship and also lost an NCAA Championship. For anyone else who has ever had a hero, it's really hard to like the person who prevented your idol from being successful. When was the last time you heard Iago singing a song about how much he loves Aladdin? It just doesn't happen.

With that said, I respect Jordan's accomplishments and what he did as a professional athlete. So instead of singing his praises myself, I refer you to an excellent article written by Michael Wilbon, sports writer and TV personality for ESPN. Enjoy ... Wilbon on Jordan

He's still no Patrick ...

- Fishy

No comments:

Post a Comment